Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hello! :)

Hello!

My name is Kimberly Thomson, and this is the beginning of my journey to become Atlantis' Greatest Loser!  I'm so excited!

I'm so thankful that I was one of the lucky ones picked to do this.  It's going to be rough and take lots of hard work, but at the end of it, it will be completely worth it.

I'm currently 34 years old, 5'6", and weigh 15 and a half stone. I have lost about 3 pounds since starting on Saturday!  However, I am extremely overweight,  I'm extremely overweight, and I'm tired of it.  I'm tired of being fat.  I'm tired of being tired all the time.  I'm tired of not having as much energy I need to look after my little ones.  I want to be fit and healthy, not only for me, but for my family.

I started going back to the gym this past Saturday, taking a Body Pump class.  I absolutely love Yvonne's  Pump class.  She mixes it up, and it's never the same class twice.

On Sunday, I was booked in for Body Step, and found that it was cancelled.  It was Street Fit, instead.  I had my doubts, at first.  I had already YouTube'd it, and didn't think I was fit enough to even give it a go, but give it a go I did.  I LOVED IT!!!  I would LOVE it if it became a regular class.  It could easily be my favourite class.  You don't have to be young and fit to enjoy this class.  I'm middle aged and "obese", and I had loads of fun.  It was only 45 minutes, and the time flew.

On Monday, I took Body Combat, with Katie, and Body Balance with Christina.  I really enjoy taking Combat.  You sweat loads and get a real workout, without having to be intense.  Katie is a fantastic instructor and she makes the class enjoyable.  Balance is a great class;  it's not just stretching--you get a full body workout, without being too strenuous.  I definitely feel worked out afterwards, and Christina does a great job instructing the class.

On Tuesday, I took Group Cycle, with Isabella.  I had my doubts as to whether I'd like this class.  However, my friend K talked me into it, and I'm glad she did!  Fantastic class!  I will say that the bikes are very uncomfortable, and my bottom hurts massively today, but that will fade.  The class was 45 minutes, but felt like 20.  It flew by, and I look forward to taking it again.  Isabella was good fun, and she's very helpful.  Love this class! :)

Tonight, I was booked in for Body Step, with Katie, but had to cancel.  I did 30 minutes on the cross trainer instead.

Thanks for reading, and I'll update soon :)

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment